Hosted By: Mark, Heather, Ty and Ellie Shouldice
261110 Concession Rd 5 Shallow Lake ON N0H2K0 519-935-0808 or 519-375-6668 www.BUFF.ca heather@BUFF.ca
Date: Saturday September 17, 2016
Registration: 8:30 to 9:00am
Cost: $40.00 per person and includes a chef prepared lunch. Children under 12 are free. We encourage you to bring your children as there will be lots of things for them to do as well as onsite babysitters to let us enjoy the speakers.
The Shouldice family would like to extend an invitation to join them for dinner and evening entertainment once the meetings are over. A live auction at 4pm with Cowbell brewery onsite to serve a new local brew from 3-6pm. Check them out at www.cowbellbrewing.com. Bison burgers will be provided for dinner and we would love if you would bring your favorite side dish, salad or desert to share. Non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. BYOB for the evening.
What to Bring
- Non-perishable food items to be donated to the local food bank
- Your Favorite recipe. With the Goal to start the beginnings of an OBA cook book and possible recipe section of a website.
- Any Bison or non-Bison items to be donated to the live auction.
- dish, salad or appetizer to share.
Some of the Day’s Highlights
- Kids activates and child care during the meetings
- Farm and Pasture Tour
- Handling facilities Tour
- Amazing food prepared by a local chef
- Fun “farmer” games
- Cowbell brewery on site for late afternoon local beer service before the live auction
- Special Speakers
o Myron Wigness – From Hi-Hog Equipment – speaking on Bison handling facilities
o Dave Meli – Executive Butcher and Luke Moffat – Kitchener Store Manager – From The Healthy Butcher – speaking what’s hot and trends in the market place
o Lee Graese - From NorthStar Bison in Wisconsin. Speaking on The Grass fed model and North Star’s suceess in the marketplace
o Bill Walker – Grey-Bruce MP who will bring greetings and will also act as our auctioneer for the live auction
Where to Stay Big Rock Bison is centrally located with lots of options in the surrounding area. A few include.
- Camping spots available at Big Rock Bison – Please let us know in advance
- In Owen Sound – Best Western Inn on the Bay - 519-371-9200
- In Wiarton – Spirit Rock Outpost and Lodge – 519-534-5168 or Waterview on the Bay – 519-534-0921
- In Southampton – Quality Inn – 519-483-3333
If you plan to make a weekend of coming to our area we would be happy to suggest some popular natural and manmade attractions for you to check out. There are too many to list. Let us know where you are staying and we can offer some suggestions.
For those planning to attend, pre-registration would be appreciated (payment can be made the day of the AGM). For any registration questions please contact Shirley Mills at 519-229-6316 or email@example.com. Follow the Ontario Bison Association Facebook page for event updates.